Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ store-bought roast chicken, shredded
- 420g can creamed corn
- Chopped parsley and/or baby spinach
- Grated/shaved parmesan
- Pepper to taste
- Equipment: 10 cups (2.5 litres) oven proof dish
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a pan, add oil. When the oil is hot, add onion and garlic and sauté until tender. Add Arborio rice and chicken and sauté until the grains appeared to be slightly translucent.
- Transfer the rice mixture to an oven proof dish. Stir in stock. Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Remove the lid and stir in creamed corn. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top with parmesan, chopped parsley or baby spinach and pepper to taste.