So quick, easy, and fancy pants without any of the hard work! Served with the most amazing herb sauce. SO SO GOOD.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 fried eggs
- In a medium bowl, combine parsley, basil, chives shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes. Whisk in olive oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using paper towels, pat both sides of the steak dry; season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat until very hot, about 1-2 minutes; add canola oil.
- Place the steak in the middle of the skillet and cook until a dark crust has formed, about 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain and serve with parsley mixture and eggs.